Monday 17 November 2008

Introducing Our Design Team......

I am so excited to finally introduce to you our fabulous Design Team :-

Karen - England
Hi, my name is Karen. I am 27 years old from Essex in England. I've been married to Martin since September 2005. At the moment I am a stay at home wife.

I've been scrapping for about 3yrs now. I got into card making first after making all my own wedding stationary. Then after the wedding I was looking for a way to show off all the wonderful photos we had taken, so while on Honeymoon to Boston I brought a US scrapbooking magazine and fell in love with it straight away. As soon as we got back I searched the Internet for scrapping sites and started buying stash.

My other hobbies include photography, reading and chatting with new friends online.

I'm so excited to start Butterfly Crafts and hope it with be a fun site for everyone.

Sue (AKA Sue Em) - Norway


Hi there! My name is Sue, and I am a fun-loving, scrap-happy citizen of the world, who is thrilled to be part of the Butterfly Crafts Design Team. Buttons, big flowers and bling are a few of my favourite things. After leaving my hometown in Singapore when I was 17, I've lived in and out of boxes in Italy, England, Canada and now calls Norway my home. I love scrapbooking the stories of my life especially the stories of my 4 year old princess. I also love photography, reading, writing and scuba-diving. I can be found most nights at my scrap studio, playing with patterned paper, cutting, fingers covered in glue, and having the time of my life.

Sarah - USA

I'm Sarah, and I'm 24. I live in the sunny (most of the time) state of California. Currently, I'm a student; after graduating from UC Davis with a double major in Sociology and Psychology, I've decided to go back to school to pursue a career in nursing. Scrapbooking has always been a part of my life since my high school days, but it has recently become an everyday activity (aka. addiction)! On top of being a hobby, it helps me relax and relieve my stress. Besides, the best part about scrapping is there is no right or wrong way to do it, so I can never make a mistake at something I love! If I'm not scrapbooking, I'm probably shopping for scrap supplies or enjoying the fresh air at the beach. I don't have any children, but I have two pets — Maui, a white Miniature Schnauzer, and Hoshi, an orange tabby. If I'm not scrapping my family or my friends, I'm scrapping my "kids".

Michelle - Australia


I am a 35 year old SAHM to two gorgeous boys - Jacob and Caden. Along with DH Brett, we live on Sydney's beautiful Northern Beaches, in Australia !
I am passionate about scrapbooking, and I love trying new techniques and products ! I have been scrapping for about 4-5 years, and am totally hooked !
I love scrapping my boys, my friends and my family, and, I am particularly fond of heritage scrapping !
I am looking forward to my role here at Butterfly Crafts, and providing ideas and inspiration to scrap your passions !

Vicki - Canada

Hello! I’m Victoria Murray, although no one ever calls me Victoria (except my Mom, when I was four and in trouble!)…so call me Vicki, please! I’ve always been a creative person; I even had my own jewellery studio until my daughter was born. I’ve recently started working part time a jewellery boutique. I live in Toronto with my husband, five year old daughter and our guinea pig.
I discovered scrapbooking almost four years ago at a home party and it felt like a match made in heaven. Scrapbooking is now my passion and my family is my inspiration. I love experimenting with new techniques and ideas. I work in traditional, digital and hybrid methods. I've been lucky enough to have been published a few times and have made some great friends, all thanks to this hobby. I’m so excited to be on the design team here!

Nina - Philippines

Hi! My name is Nina and I'm totally psyched to be part of Butterfly Crafts! I'm 30 years old, a stay-at-home to a four-year-old boy and living in the Philippines. I'm into scrapbooking, altered art and stamping. If you want to check out my blog, it's at http://www.creatinginsolitude.blogspot.com/. I'm so looking forward to having fun with you all!

Samantha - Canada

Hi there. My name is Samantha and I own a scrapbook store in the beautiful city of Montreal, Quebec. I've been scrapbooking for over five years and have loved every moment of it. Here in Montreal I have appeared doing workshops on CBC, and Global TV's this morning live and have had my work published in Legacy and Canadian Scrapbooker. I look forward to sharing my work with you and being part of the Butterfly Crafts DT!

Veronica -Singapore


I hail from the lovely island of Singapore, and am a full-time working mother of two beautiful girls, who are the subjects featured in most of my layouts and projects. Scrapbooking is a passion with me, as is art and photography, all three of which I think go hand in hand beautifully, as they are all methods of capturing and preserving those special, treasured moments in our lives. While I love creating layouts that showcase my own style, I also love working with sketches, participating in challenges, and trying out new styles and techniques, as I believe these allow me to stretch my boundaries and to grow and evolve in terms of my creativity. I’m really looking forward to joining the Design Team at Butterfly Crafts, and to being inspired to create passionate works of heart through their challenges! My blog address: http://scrappychic-pages.blogspot.com/

Zizi - Brunei


I am Zizi Irena and I come all the way from Brunei. Well, I just started this wonderful hobby since March of this year. Anything art or hand-made has always fascinated me. Scrapbooking has now become my creative outlet, my escape and am enjoying every bit and making great talented friends along the way. Plus, I get to document every precious moment with some gorgeous supplies on earth! I love to experiment with products and techniques. I am a paper hoarder and obviously I love to put layers of pattern papers and chipboards onto my layouts to add dimension. My style varies but I seem to enjoy doing shabby chic look lately. Last but not least, I would like to say huge thanks to Karen for accepting me and I am truly honored to be part of this great team!

Maya - Norway


My name is May Iren but I use Maya on the net. I am 36 years old and a mother of three wonderful kids; Sarah age 7, Philip age 5 and Sophie age 1. I live on an island just outside Bergen, the second largest city in Norway. I started scrapbooking 5 years ago, and I love it. I scrap every week all year round :-)

Please join me in welcoming the new DT. Congratulations to you all!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats to all of you other ladies! :)

can't wait to start working with all of you.

-sarah

Lydia Siegel said...

CONGRATS TO ALL THE LADIES! You ladies are going to love my scrapping friend Sarah! Will deff. be back to check you all out!

Nina said...

Woohoo! Let the scrapping fun begin! =)

Congratulations to all the DT and looking forward to getting to know you! =)

*hugs*
Nina