Monday 22 February 2010

Meet The Written Challenges Team....

Now please 'meet' our Written Challenges Team.....


Krissy:- I live in a suburb of Houston, Texas and am married to my best friend Randy McKee. Together, we have a blended family of six children ranging in age from adult to 9 years old, so I ALWAYS have material to scrap! I worked as a litigation paralegal for over 13 years but chose to quit last year so I could stay at home and spend time with my youngest daughter.

I first began scrapbooking April 2009 and it has quickly become an obsession. My children are always making fun of me or rolling their eyes at me because I take my camera everywhere and can often be heard saying, “Let me get just one more picture!” I enjoy experimenting with new techniques and tools and love nothing more than a good challenge. I am absolutely passionate about this wonderful form of self-expression, and I want to share and fuel that passion in others!



Claire:-I’m Claire from Kent in the UK, married to Gary, we have gorgeous twin daughters Madison & Tiegan who are now four.
I’ve been scrapping for a little over a year and am a complete and utter stashaholic! My passion for scrapping gives me the opportunity to play with beautiful papers, inks and pens as well as enjoy photographs of my little girls and the places we’ve been. Its also an outlet for my feelings about my family and about life in general; very therapeutic, especially with a glass of wine or large bar of chocolate!!!!
My favourite manufacturers have to be prima, sassafrass and Crate, my style tends to be quite grungy but very girly!

I’m so excited to be on the DT for Butterfly Crafts & look forward to some fun challenges ahead!!!




Fabi:- Im Fabi, brazilian, turning 35 this Thursday, Feb 25th. I live with Francis for almost 5 years now (its our both 2nd marriage), together we've had Pedro - 4 years old, my major inspiration. We have a girl too, 13 yo, Patricia, from his 1st marriage.
I work as a sales manager Americas for a biotech company called Novozymes - yes, lots of travel and this has nothing to do with scrapbooking lol.But it was due to my work and trips that I've 1st knew scrapbooking, in US.
I felt in love but really started to dig into it only when my little prince, Pedro (4 yo) was 1 yo.
In 2008 I've joined several forums, took classes and started to take it more seriously.
Last year was a great scrappin' year. 2009 was when I was first published in local magazines, gave classes and joinned my first DT's and our local crop group.
I love challenges and to know different cultures and make new friends. Looking forward to have fun with you all!
XXX, Fabi

Lisa:-My name is Lisa, I'm 34 and live in the UK with my hubby and 2 kiddies.I work for myself from home which fits in perfect with the family and my scrapping too : )I love getting messy fingers using paints, glimmer mists, glitter etc.... and love telling stories with my scrapbooking and then watching my kids browse through our many scrapbooks and mini books at all our memories and fun things we do.I also love to read, cook and bake. I guess I am a homely person, but love to 'holiday' too.


Louise:- My name is Louise, I live in gorgeous New Zealand. I am a stay at home mum to my 3 beautiful children who I love to take photos of and do layouts on. My family and I live on a very small farm where we have some sheep and cattle. I have been scrapbooking since 2005 when I had my first child. I would say my style is pretty clean and crisp although I love to experiment with different techniques. My pages normally don't take a huge amount of time as I am so limited in the time I get to spend doing papercrafts. I also enjoy stamping, cardmaking and beading.


Hayati:- Hello! I am Norhayati, from Singapore. I’m married with 2 beautiful daughters; a 3 year old and 1.5 year old who had been the main subjects of my pages.
I started dabbling with scrapbooking in 2006. Only in 2007, when I had my first daughter, did I become obsessed with scrapbooking. I wanted to record, capture and preserve all the precious memories of our life together… our journey…. the ups and downs.
My style of scrapbooking usually depends on the photos that I wanted to scrap. What kind of feeling/story I wanted to portray through my layouts.

Twistedsoda:- My name is Michelle and I live in the far north of Alberta. I have been creating with paper and paint for about 10 years now and it is quite surprising how much my style has changed through the years. I tend to scrap in many styles, collage, linear and eclectic style. I love all of the retro patterns out there! I tend to mix many medias when it comes to scrapping. Acrylics, dyes and inks, sparkle and glitter. I love to incorporate 'art' with my photography. My most favorite thing to use is black cardstock. My family consists of many musicians, music runs in my soul and what better way to create than to have a live band playing in the background.


Sandie:-Hi! My name is Sandie, and I've been scrapbooking now since July 2005. I've 3 children and have been married to Rich for just over 13 years. I love patterned papers with a passion, and would have more if I could! I currently work as a freelance Scrapbook Teacher, and teach locally at a shop called Sparkle Dreams and also co-run a crop which I teach at too.






Tracy-Lihanne:- Im Tracy-Lihanne {36}. Ive been married to Martin for 18 years and im a stay at home mum to 2 boys, Harley aged 6 years and Euan aged 13 months. I was originally a cardmaker but then i discovered scrapping and i have been addicted since 2005. My boys and hubby are my main inspiration. im not sure on my style as yet lol, but love trying new things




Another massive Welcome to the Ladies and please join us back here on 1st March for our first visual challenge......

No comments: